The lounges at Velana International Airport have been redeveloped to meet modern-day needs. The total transformation of lounges in terms of its infrastructure and services is made to provide superior offerings. The lounges are operated by Maldives Airports Company Ltd, which is also the operator of Velana International Airport.
Maamahi Executive Lounge
You can relax comfortably in our Maamahi Executive Lounge on arrival and departure to/from the Maldives, after or before long hours of flying, while all your formalities are taken care of. Our CIP services have been created for those who yearn for the perfect luxury service. The Maamahi Executive Lounge, with a seating capacity of 95, is a well-designed lounge blended with modern amenities to create a relaxing and soothing environment to offer you the perfect place for your comfort.
CIP ARRIVAL SERVICES
Receive CIPs when disembarking from the aircraft at the steps/stairs: Our staff will meet and greet passengers at the first exit step/stairs, with the passengers' preferred name displayed on the welcome name board. In case passengers disembark from steps other than first and if you do not see our staff, please look for the first steps/stairs or, please call us immediately at the hotline (+960 7923480) for any assistance.
Note: In case of bad weather, our staff will meet the passenger at the arrival gate with the name board.
- Escort to CIP lounge by CIP vehicle: If the aircraft is parked far from the CIP terminal, all passengers who have booked CIP services will be escorted to the lounge directly in a separate vehicle. A convenient shared vehicle will be provided in case more than one party has booked CIP service for same flight.
- Handle passports of CIPs for immigration clearance.
- Clear CIPs baggage at belt and deliver to hotel representative after passenger’s verification of their baggage.
- Free Refreshments (coffee, tea, juice, snacks, hot food etc...).
- Free Wi-Fi.
CIP DEPARTURE SERVICES
Receive CIPs from the jetty and escort to the CIP lounge: If you are coming to the airport by speed boat and wish our staff to meet the passenger at the jetty to escort directly to the lounge, please inform us of the time the passenger will reach the airport and the jetty number or location in advance. If by seaplane, the seaplane operator will directly take the passengers to the CIP lounge where our staff will be waiting to welcome the passengers.
- Receive baggage and proceed to check-in.
- Handle check-in formalities.
- Handle the passports of CIPs for immigration clearance.
- Escort to aircraft by CIP vehicle if the aircraft is parked far from the CIP Lounge: Direct boarding from the lounge by CIP vehicle. A convenient shared vehicle will be provided in case more than one party books CIP service for the same flight.
- First Aid Service & Emergencies (ambulance, wheelchair, and stretcher): All the First Aid charges will be compensated by the passenger.
- Free refreshments (coffee, tea, juice, snacks, hot food, etc...).
- Mini Duty-free shop in the lounge: passengers can go to the main Duty-free shops after the check-in process and immigration clearance, accompanied by our staff, if there is reasonable time between standard flight boarding time and immigration clearance.
- Free Wi-Fi.
Note: Immigration clearance for the airline pilot, co-pilot, or crew is not available in the Maamahi Executive Lounge.
How to Book?
Submit the completed CIP Service Application Form, available for download from our website www.macl.aero , https://www.macl.aero/passengers/information/airportfacilities/lounge ) at least 06 hours prior to flight Arrival/Departure time, between 08:00AM to 10:00PM by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The charge for CIP service is USD202.84 for every passenger above two years of age for every three hours and is subject to an additional 8% GST (tax) per passenger (refer to CIP Service Application Form). Payment has to be fully settled at least TWO hours prior to the flight arrival/departure time in order to confirm CIP services. Payment could be made in cash, company cheque, or by credit card of any traveling passengers upon arrival at the lounge.
Along with passport copies of the traveling passengers, the full name of all traveling passengers, passport number, nationality, contact details, and authorized signature of the service applicant and flight details shall be mentioned on the application form. Failure to do so may result in a denial of booking.
Note: We would not be able to guarantee airline seats. If the traveling passengers require any specific seats, they should book the seat online or pre-reserve it while booking the ticket.
For further confirmation or if you have any queries, please call + (960) 3313256 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Download Terms & Conditions